Sunday, September 13, 2020

Our Lady of Sorrows

 

OUR LADY OF SORROWS~Rare Oil Painting~CUSCO SCHOOL | #30156375

 

 

Lauds

Eia, mater, fons amóris,

me sentíre vim dolóris

fac, ut tecum lúgeam.

 

Fac ut árdeat cor meum

in amándo Christum Deum,

ut sibi compláceam.

 

Sancta mater, istud agas,

Crucifíxi fige plagas

cordi meo válide.

 

Tui Nati vulneráti,

tam dignáti pro me pati

pœnas mecum dívide.

 

Fac me vere tecum flere,

Crucifíxo condolére,

donec ego víxero.

 

Iuxta crucem tecum stare

ac me tibi sociáre

in planctu desídero.

 

Quando corpus moriétur,

fac ut ánimæ donétur

paradísi glória. Amen.

Alas, O Mother, fount of love, make me feel the pain of sorrow, that I may grieve with you. Inflame my heart in love for Christ our God, that I may please him. Holy Mother, do this, in my heart deeply plant the wounds of the Crucified. Share with me the pain that your Son endured, who deigned to bear so much for me. Make me truly weep for you, to grieve for the Crucified, as log as I live. To stand like you beneath the Cross, to share with you, this is my grieving desire. When my body dies, grant that my soul may be given to Paradise. Amen.

 

Office of Readings

Stabat mater dolorósa

iuxta crucem lacrimósa,

dum pendébat Fílius.

 

Cuius ánimam geméntem,

contristátam et doléntem

pertransívit gládius.

 

O quam tristis et afflícta

fuit illa benedícta

mater Unigéniti!

 

Quæ mærébat et dolébat

pia mater, cum vidébat

Nati pœnas íncliti.

 

Quis est homo qui non fleret,

matrem Christi si vidéret

in tanto supplício?

 

Quis non posset contristári,

piam matrem contemplári

doléntem cum Fílio?

 

Pro peccátis suæ gentis

vidit Iesum in torméntis

et flagéllis súbditum.

 

Vidit suum dulcem Natum

moriéntem desolátum,

cum emísit spíritum.

 

Christe, cum sit hinc exíre,

da per matrem me veníre

ad palmam victóriæ. Amen.

 

The sorrowful mother wept beside the cross where her Son was hanging. Her soul pierced with anguish, grief and sorrow, the sword pierces. O how sad and afflicted was that Mother of the Only-begotten. How that faithful Mother was saddened and grieved to see the punishment of her great Son.  Who is the man who would not weep, if he saw the Mother of Christ in such suffering? Who could not be aggrieved to think of the Mother of Christ suffering with her Son? She saw Jesus in torment and struck down for the sins of his own people. She saw her dear Son dying and abandoned until he gave up his spirit. O Christ, when it is the time to die, grant your Mother to come to me with palms of victory. Amen.

 

Vespers

Virgo vírginum præclára,

mihi iam non sis amára;

fac me tecum plángere.

 

Fac, ut portem Christi mortem,

passiónis fac me sortem

et plagas recólere.

 

Fac me plagis vulnerári,

cruce hac inebriári

et cruóre Fílii.

 

Flammis urar ne succénsus,

per te, Virgo, sim defénsus

in die iudícii.

 

Fac me cruce custodíri,

morte Christi præmuníri,

confovéri grátia.

 

Quando corpus moriétur,

fac ut ánimæ donétur

paradísi glória. Amen.

Bright Virgin of virgins, do not reject me, make me mourn with you. Grant that I may share in the death of Christ, make me share in His passion, remember his wounds.  Cause me to be wounded by his wounds, that I may be inebriated by the Cross and blood of your Son. Be my protection, O Virgin, that I not be burned by the flames on the day of judgement. May I be guarded by the Cross, by the death of Christ, defended by grace. When the body dies, grant that my soul be given the glory of paradise. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment